What we Do
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions in this country. We cannot correct this with prescriptions, home remedies, or legal restrictions on portion size. They have all been tried and failed. Our approach is very different; here are some of our goals.
- We are developing a section where the child, adolescent, or parent, can create their own live animated character or avatar. They can then see how the selection of different food groups affects the health of their personal avatar over a selected time-period.
- There are games that lead children to a healthy conclusion. For example, we will create a racecar game. In this game, the cars will use food as fuel, with the healthier choices producing a faster car.
- There will be a section where the child, adolescent, or parent, can create their own animated character or avatar.
- Articles that are written by teens, discussing their feelings and experiences about obesity.
- Kenny the Koala, an animated character, showing juvenile exercise programs.
- Publishing appealing and healthy recipes.
- We will have a large selection of articles on different subjects, written by health professionals for the parents. Some of the topics are:
- How to work with and motivate a child to want to eat healthy.
- How being overweight affects a child’s academics.
- How being overweight can cause other medical problems.
If you believe in what we are trying to achieve, if you understand the need to fight this epidemic, if you want to help in leading our next generation on the path to a healthier future by becoming a supporter of Obesity Prevention Foundation of America.
Thanks to the generosity of PayPal Giving Fund, 100% of your contribution goes directly to our cause.
To accomplish this we have formed a non-profit organization, Obesity Prevention Foundation of America Inc., and have started developing a new and innovative website to help combat this epidemic, but need your help. The IRS has approved our foundation by granting us the status of 501c3, which allows your donations to be deductible to the extent allowed by law. Any contributions made will receive a donation receipt issued by PayPal Giving Fund.