Asparagus With Lemon Sauce
Lemon sauce makes fresh asparagus the perfect side dish for fish, scallops, chicken, or meat dishes.
PREP TIME :
- 20 medium asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 fresh lemon, rinsed (for peel and juice)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/16 tsp salt
- Place 1 inch of water in a 4-quart pot with a lid. Place a steamer basket inside the pot, and add asparagus. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5–10 minutes, until asparagus is easily pierced with a sharp knife. Do not overcook.
- While the asparagus cooks, grate the lemon zest into a small bowl. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Use the back of a spoon to press out extra juice and remove pits. Add mayonnaise, parsley, pepper, and salt. Stir well. Set aside.
- When the asparagus is tender, remove the pot from the heat. Place asparagus spears in a serving bowl. Drizzle the lemon sauce evenly over the asparagus (about 1½ teaspoons per portion) and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 39, Total fat 0 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 107 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Potassium 241 mg.