According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 1 in 5 school age children in the United States are obese. This has become an epidemic of extreme proportion that is affecting the wellness of our next generation and needs to be addressed immediately!
We cannot do this with prescriptions, home remedies, or legal restrictions on portion size. They have all been tried and failed. Our approach will be very different, (see below) but we cannot complete this alone, we need your support.
To accomplish this we have formed a non-profit organization, Obesity Prevention Foundation of America Inc., and have started developing a new and innovative website to help combat this epidemic, but need your help. The IRS has approved our foundation by granting us the status of 501c3, which allows your donations to be deductible to the extent allowed by law. Any contributions made will receive a donation receipt issued by PayPal Giving Fund.
With these objectives in mind, we are developing the following approaches;
“For the Kids” section
- There will be a section where the child, adolescent, or parent, can create their own animated character or avatar, that they will be able to interact with. They will then select a weekly diet and exercise program for their creation. With these selections completed, they can look into the future to see how their selections have affected their character’s health at a later time-period. The best part and most important is, they can go back as many times as they want to change the character’s meals and exercise program in order to improve results.
- Create games that lead children to a healthy conclusion. For example, we will create a race-car game. In this game, the cars will use food as fuel.
- Articles that are written by teens, discussing their feelings and experiences about obesity.
- Videos showing age appropriate exercise programs.
We will have a large selection of articles on different subjects written by health professionals for the parents. Some of the topics are…
- How to work with and motivate a child to want to eat healthy.
- Teach and explain the importance of using the Body Mass Index.
- Appealing and healthy recipes as alternatives.
- Age appropriate exercise programs to do with children.
- How being overweight affects a child’s academics.
- How being overweight can cause other medical problems.
Newsletter written by professionals
- Juvenile exercise
- Medical health
These services will be free to the parents and children who want to use them.
If you believe in what we are trying to achieve, if you understand the need to fight this epidemic, if you want to help in leading our next generation on the path to a healthier future, then please help us accomplish our goal by clicking below.
Thanks to the generosity of PayPal Giving Fund, 100% of your contribution goes directly to our cause.
We welcome your feedback, click here to leave your comment.
PS: Please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter!