What we Do
What Obesity Prevention Foundation of America is all about!
We’re a Nation-wide Foundation that offers support services for parents of overweight and obese children, along with providing interactive and animated health-oriented programs that children can relate to and learn from.
What we have accomplished so far
Helping Parents by:
- Informing parents so they can better understand the causes, dangers, and consequences of obesity in children.
- Supporting parents of overweight and obese children in their efforts to lead them on a path to a healthier future.
- Supply informative articles to help them influence and teach their children about nutritious eating.
- Giving access to a database of healthy, “kid-friendly” recipes.
- Offering ideas, resources, and guidance to help change their child’s eating and exercise habits.
We all know how hard it can be to steer a child down a path they have no interest in, so we are approaching this in a way children can relate to. Some of these approaches are:
- Classic Arcade style video games with a healthy twist, such as race-cars fueled by healthy food choices and a traditional platformer where “Kenny the Koala” has to avoid junk foods to make it to the next level.
- Animated exercise routines for younger children given by “Kenny the Koala” himself!
- Helping children understand the value of making good food choices in a way they can understand and relate to.
- Yoga and exercise videos that are fun and enjoyable.
- And many more ways directed at involving children at an early age to be aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
Where to Now?
- We are developing a section where the child, adolescent, or parent, can create their own live animated character or avatar. They can then see how the selection of different food groups affects the health of their personal avatar over a selected time-period.
- Articles written by teens, discussing their feelings and experiences about obesity.
- Online forums in which teens and parents can have a healthy dialogue about obesity, share their own stories and offer support to each other.
- Live chat room for parents.
- More informative articles written by health professionals.
Let us all make the next generation of children a healthy one! Please Support our Efforts.
Thanks to the generosity of PayPal Giving Fund, 100% of your contribution goes directly to our cause.
The IRS has approved our foundation by granting us the status of 501c3, which allows your donations to be deductible to the extent allowed by law. Any contributions made will receive a donation receipt issued by PayPal Giving Fund.