Baked French Toast Fritters With Apples and Bananas
Add fruit to your meal with this heavenly, melt-in-your-mouth dish.
PREP TIME :
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter(or other nut butter)
- 1 apple, rinsed, peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 rings
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into about 12 thin slices each
- 3 Tbsp egg substitute (or substitute 1 egg white)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ C fat-free evaporated milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to preheat for about 10 minutes.
- Assemble fritter as a sandwich, with ½ tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread, and two apple slices and six banana slices in the middle of each sandwich.
- Combine ingredients for the batter, and mix well.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip both sides of each fritter in the batter, and place fritters on preheated baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until both sides are browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 332, Total fat 10 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 374 mg, Total fiber 7 g, Protein 14 g, Carbohydrates 50 g, Potassium 543 mg, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.