Avocado Zucchini Soup
This refreshingly cool soup boasts crisp zucchini and creamy avocado. Fiber from summer squash and the avocado’s healthy monounsaturated fat help you fill up and stay fuller longer.
PREP TIME :
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups chopped zucchini (about 2-3 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin, optional
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, diced cucumber (about 1 medium cucumber)
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided
- Salt to taste
- In large saucepan over high heat, combine broth, zucchini and 1/4 cup onion. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat and let simmer 6 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl combine cucumber, remaining onion, cilantro and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Toss well, cover and refrigerate.
- In blender, combine zucchini mix, avocado, cumin, if using, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and almond milk. Cover and purée until smooth. Leaving soup in blender container, refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, re-blend soup. Add additional almond milk for thinner consistency, if desired.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top with salsa and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
108 calories, 7.5 g total fat (1 g saturated fat),
10 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 285 mg sodium.