Cannery Row Soup
Using fish and clam juice makes this tasty soup heart healthy.
PREP TIME :
- 2 lb varied fish fillets (haddock, perch, flounder, cod, sole, etc.), cut into 1-inch-square cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, cut in thin strips
- 2 C sliced celery
- ½ C chopped onion
- ¼ C chopped green peppers
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, cut up, with liquid
- 1 C clam juice
- ¼ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried basil, crushed
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ C fresh parsley, minced
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Sauté garlic, carrots, celery, onion, and green pepper in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley and fish. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add fish and parsley. Simmer, covered, for 5-10 minutes more or until fish flakes easily and is opaque. Serve hot.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 170, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Sodium 380 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.