Chilled Cantaloupe Soup with Mint
Our cold cantaloupe soup will soon be a summer staple. Simple, refreshing and oh-so easy, this 5-ingredient starter is packed with vitamins A and C and cancer-fighting carotenoids.
PREP TIME :
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 large cantaloupe)
- 2 Tbsp. honey, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom, or to taste
- Sliced fresh strawberries, for garnish
- 1/4 cup whole fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Put the cantaloupe in a wide, shallow, microwave-safe container. Heat melon in microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes, or just until the melon softens slightly. Transfer cantaloupe to a blender or food processor. Add honey, lime juice and cardamom and blend mixture until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, until cold.
- Before serving, taste and add more honey, cardamom, or lime juice as needed. Garnish each serving with strawberry slices and mint leaves.
Nutrition (per serving):
85 calories, 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 27 mg sodium.