Garden Potato Salad
Low-fat cottage cheese is the secret to the dressing in this delicious low-fat, low-cholesterol, and low-sodium mixture of vegetables and herbs.
PREP TIME :
- 3 lb potatoes (about 6 large), boiled in jackets, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 C chopped celery
- ½ C sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 C low-fat (1 percent) cottage cheese
- ¾ C low-fat (1 percent) milk
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp dill weed
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp white pepper
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend cottage cheese, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, celery seed, dill weed, dry mustard, and white pepper until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour chilled cottage cheese mixture over vegetables; mix well.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 151, Total fat 1 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 118 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.