Ginger and Turmeric Hot Cider
Warm apple cider is the perfect winter comfort drink. This special version combines two potent spices, ginger and turmeric for a unique flavor and nutrition profile.
PREP TIME :
- 1 cup fresh sweet apple cider
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. grated fresh turmeric
- 1½-inch by 1/2-inch strip lemon peel, white part included
- In small saucepan, combine cider, ginger, turmeric and lemon peel. Over medium-high heat, heat until ring of bubbles appears around edge of pan, 3 minutes.
- Cover pan and set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot-spiced cider through fine tea strainer into mug. Serve immediately
Nutrition (per serving):
120 calories, 0 g total fat ( 0 g saturated fat),
30 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 0 g dietary fiber, 8 mg sodium.