Red and Yellow Bell Pepper Omelette
PREP TIME :
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp black ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm oil; add red and yellow bell peppers and cook, stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together egg whites, basil, and ground black pepper.
- Coat a small nonstick pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Warm over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add half of the egg mixture, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Cook for 30 seconds or until the eggs are set.
- Carefully loosen and flip. Cook for 1 minute or until firm.
- Sprinkle half of the red and yellow bell peppers over the eggs.
- Fold to enclose the filling. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining egg mixture, peppers, and cheese. Serve hot.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 4 g 6%
Saturated Fat 1 g 5%
Cholesterol 2 mg 1%
Sodium 145 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Protein 9 g 18%