Summer Tomato and Olive Relish
Spice up your late-summer dishes with an easy homemade relish. This one packs a colorful variety of produce with vine-ripe tomatoes, sweet onion, and savory Kalamata olives.
PREP TIME :
- 1 1/2 lb. firm vine-ripe tomatoes, preferably beefsteak variety
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1-2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce or Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using serrated swivel-blade vegetable peeler, remove skin from tomatoes.
- Halve tomatoes crosswise and scoop out seeds. Core stem end and finely chop tomatoes including inner flesh. Place chopped tomatoes in mixing bowl.
- Add onions, olives, chili sauce, salt and pepper and combine. Cover relish and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer relish to serving dish. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
53 calories, 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 359 mg sodium.