Veggies With a Touch of Lemon
The heart healthy sauce uses lemon juice, herbs, and a small amount of oil.
PREP TIME :
- 2 C broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic, and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in a serving dish. Pour the lemon sauce over the vegetables. Garnish with parsley, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 22, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 7 mg, Calcium 10 mg, Iron 1 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.