Almond-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Nuts like almonds contain heart-healthy unsaturated fats, fiber and vitamin E, and are known for their antioxidant properties.
PREP TIME :
- 1 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 lbs. thin-sliced chicken breast halves (cut in half) or chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground into an almond meal.
- Mix the almond meal together with garlic, paprika, dried mustard, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in egg and coat with almond spice mixture.
- Place pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition (per serving):
220 calories, 10 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 28 g protein, 430 mg sodium.