Ampalaya With Pork
Ampalaya (bitter melon) is an oblong, ribbed, and wrinkled fruit grown throughout
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C onion, 1 medium, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lb lean ground pork
- 2 C ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced
- 2 tsp lite soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Lightly sauté onion and garlic.
- Add the ground pork, and cook until almost done.
- Add the sliced ampalaya (bitter melon). Cover and simmer until the bitter melon turns green. Do not overcook.
- Season with lite soy sauce and black pepper, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 150, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 17 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Potassium 600 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.