Baby Spinach With Golden Raisins and Pine Nuts
Sweet golden raisins and crunchy pine nuts make this a fabulous way to get your spinach.
PREP TIME :
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 bags (10 oz each) leaf spinach, rinsed
- ⅔ C golden seedless raisins
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- In a medium nonstick pan over high heat, cook and stir the pine nuts until they begin to brown lightly and smell toasted, but not burnt. Set the pine nuts aside in another dish.
- Return the pan to the burner over medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup water. As it begins to boil, add a small handful of the spinach. Cook and stir just until it begins to wilt.
- Then push it to the side of the pan, and add another ¼ cup water and handful of spinach. Continue until all the spinach has been cooked, adding the raisins with the last handful of spinach.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and salt. Cook and stir until all the spinach is wilted and the raisins are warm.
- Remove from heat. Press out excess water. Place 1 cup spinach and raisins in a serving bowl. Top with pine nuts.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 76, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 130 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, Carbohydrates 13 g, Potassium 510 mg.