Roasted red peppers add extra zing to this classic chopped tomato dish!
PREP TIME :
- ½ whole grain baguette (French bread), cut into 12 slices (or substitute 3 slices whole-wheat bread, each cut into 4 squares)
- 1 C fresh tomatoes, rinsed and diced
- ¼ C jarred roasted red peppers, diced (or substitute fresh roasted red peppers; see tip) (Leftover Friendly)
- 6 Kalamata olives, rinsed and sliced (or substitute any black olive)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Lightly toast baguette slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and toss well.
- Top each bread slice with about 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture, and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
119 calories, 4 g protein, 17 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 256 mg sodium, Potassium 113 mg, Vitamin 10%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%