1-2-3 Peach Cobbler
What could be better than peach cobbler straight from the oven? A heart healthy version!
PREP TIME :
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 C peach nectar
- ¼ C pineapple juice or peach juice (if desired, use juice reserved from canned peaches)
- 2 cans (16 oz each) peaches, packed in juice, drained (or 1¾ lb fresh peaches, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp soft tub margarine
- 1 C dry pancake mix
- ⅔ C all-purpose flour
- ½ C sugar
- ⅔ C fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach mixture into dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in evaporated milk. Quickly spoon this mixture over the peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into eight squares.
Nutrition (per serving):
271 calories, 4 g protein, 54 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 284 mg potassium, 4 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 263 mg sodium