Carrot Raisin Bread
This tasty bread is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, thanks to the small
amount of oil and egg used.
PREP TIME :
- 1½ C sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ C water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ C finely shredded carrots
- ¼ C chopped pecans
- ¼ C golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly oil a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute the carrots.
- Turn into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 99, Total fat 3 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Sodium 97 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.