Banana Nut Bread
Easy to make, moist and delicious.
PREP TIME :
- 1 C mashed ripe bananas
- ⅓ C low-fat buttermilk
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ C margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 C sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly oil a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together mashed bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine together until fluffy. Beat in egg. Add banana mixture; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add all at once to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, and turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 133, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 12 mg, Sodium 138 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.