Chicken and Pear Salad with Mint Dressing
Pears are at their peak in early autumn, but you can enjoy them now in a fresh summer salad. Eaten with the skin, a medium pear packs almost 6 grams of filling, health-protecting fiber — nearly a quarter of your daily value.
PREP TIME :
- 3 firm ripe pears, cut into approximately 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced thin and coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (white wine vinegar works well)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Drizzle fresh cubed pears with lemon juice. In large mixing bowl combine pears, chicken, cucumber, and onion and set aside.
- Blend vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mint, and salt and pepper in food processor/blender until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit and chicken mixture and toss gently to coat. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate. To serve, re-toss gently, sprinkle with cinnamon and arrange on plates with beds of lettuce.
Nutrition (per serving):
231 calories, 3 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 31 g carbohydrate
23 g protein, 5 g dietary fiber, 131 mg sodium.