It may be hard to say “ratatouille” (pronounced rat-uh-TOO-ee), but this one-dish
recipe will show you that it’s very easy to eat.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, about 7 inches long, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 can (14½ oz) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Tbsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1½ tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and minced
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add chicken, and sauté for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and black pepper. Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Tip: Serve with a side of whole-wheat pasta.
Nutrition (per serving):
Caloies 266, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 66 mg, Sodium 253 mg, Total fiber 6 g, Protein 30 g, Carbohydrates 21 g, Potassium 1,148 mg.