Save leftovers for lunch the next day!
PREP TIME :
- Chicken pieces (breasts or legs)
- 1 C water
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- ¼ C finely chopped celery
- .2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 bay lC
- Remove the skin and any extra fat from the chicken. In a large skillet, combine the chicken, water, garlic, onion, salt, black pepper, tomatoes, and parsley. Tightly cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add celery, potatoes, carrots, and bay leaves, and continue to cook for 15 more minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 206, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 489 mg, Calcium 32 mg, Iron 2 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.