Chilean Corn and Meat Pie
Serve with lettuce and tomato salad for a complete meal.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 15 MINS
For meat mixture:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz extra lean ground beef (5 percent fat)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped ¼ tsp ground black pepper ½ C raisins
- 2 tsp olives, chopped
For corn topping:
- ½ Tbsp canola oil
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped 16 oz frozen yellow corn, thawed
- ½ C fat-free milk
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Cook the chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and shred the chicken with a fork. Set aside.
- Put beef in the same skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink.
- Stir in the green pepper, black pepper, raisins, and olives.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8" × 8" baking dish. (If you prefer, divide the mixture into four servings and bake in four small ovenproof bowls.) Arrange the chicken on top of the mixture in the dish.
- Combine oil and paprika in the same skillet; warm over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. While the onion is cooking, combine the thawed corn, milk, cumin, salt, black pepper, and basil in a blender, and puree.
- Add pureed corn mixture to the cooked onion in the skillet; mix well. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Spoon the corn mixture over the meat mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake until bubbly and nicely browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 251, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Sodium 69 mg ,Total fiber 3 g, Protein 21 g, Carbohydrates 31 g , Potassium 592 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.