Cool Cauliflower Salad
Escape the summer heat with a refreshing chilled salad. This healthy side dish boasts cauliflower, a nutrient-rich cruciferous vegetable, packed with cancer protective compounds like indoles and isothiocyanantes.
PREP TIME :
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam cauliflower florets 6 to 7 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- In large bowl, combine cauliflower and celery.
In small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together to mix well. Pour dressing mixture over vegetable mixture and toss gently to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and chill 2 or more hours. Serve chilled.
Nutrition (per serving):
50 calories, 2.5 g total fat (0 g saturated fat),
6 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 55 mg sodium.