Delicious Oven Baked French Fries
Oven baking makes these french fries lower in fat and still crispy.
PREP TIME :
- 4 large potatoes (2 lbs)
- 8 C ice water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp vegetable
- Scrub potatoes and cut them into long ½-inch strips. Place the strips in the ice water cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potato strips and dry them thoroughly. Preheat oven to 475 °F.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag. Toss the potato strips in the spice mixture.
- Put the potato strips in a shallow baking pan, and brush them with oil.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 475 °F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and continue baking, uncovered, for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all side.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 238, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 163 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.