This citrus-based version combines the natural sweetness of orange juice, mango and apple with the heat of jalapeño pepper to help bring out the natural flavors of the veggies.
PREP TIME :
- 1 orange, juice yields only
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 apple, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Purée first 3 ingredients in blender or food processor until dressing is smooth.
- Place peppers, jalapeño, mango, apple and cilantro in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to mix and coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until vegetables soften a little but remain crunchy, about 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition (per serving):
45 calories, 2 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 8 g carbohydrate,
1 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 2 mg sodium.