Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Balsamic vinegar and a little brown sugar form a beautiful glaze that brings out the natural sweetness of carrots. This healthy vegetable contains the antioxidant beta-carotene (a plant form of vitamin A), as well as other beneficial carotenoids.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 4 cups baby-cut carrots or 1/2-inch diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots.
- Sauté until carrots become tender crisp and start to brown slightly, about 11-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle vinegar and sugar over carrots, stirring to thoroughly coat carrots.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving):
66 calories, 2 g total fat (0 g saturated fat),
11 g carbohydrate.