Fresh Cherry and Corn Salad
This seasonal salad boasts a pound of bright cherries. This colorful fruit is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and natural antioxidants called anthocyanins.
PREP TIME :
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper to taste
- 5 ounces baby arugula or baby spinach
- 4 ears cooked fresh corn, kernels sliced off cob
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 lb. fresh dark cherries, pitted, sliced in half
- In small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk well.
- In large salad bowl combine arugula, corn and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on individual dishes and sprinkle with feta. Top with cherries and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
215 calories, 10 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein, 3 g dietary fiber, 167 mg sodium.