Peach and Basil Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
Our delicious salad marries summer’s juicy, sweet peaches and aromatic basil with slightly briny, velvety fresh mozzarella. This quick to fix, simple salad has an enticing bouquet – peaches are related to roses after all – and lots of vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium and fiber.
PREP TIME :
- 1 lb. peaches, sliced into wedges, then cut crosswise (frozen may be used)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, torn into medium pieces
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- In large mixing bowl combine peaches, mozzarella and basil.
- Drizzle on oil and vinegar, add salt and pepper, if using, and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Nutrition (per serving):
211 calories, 12 g total fat (6 g saturated fat),
13 g carbohydrate, 15 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 351 mg sodium.