Green Tea Cooler With Fresh Mint
Take a break from the summer heat with this refreshing and healthy drink. Green tea is rich in phytochemicals like the well-studied compound EGCG.
PREP TIME :
- 8 (6-inch) mint sprigs
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider, refrigerated
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 4 lime wedges, for garnish
- In heatproof pitcher or container, combine mint and tea bags.
- In medium saucepan, heat 4 cups water until bubbles start to form around edge of pot. If possible, use instant-read thermometer to tell when water is 180 degrees F.
- Pour hot water over mint and tea in pitcher. Steep for 6 minutes. Discard tea bags, leaving mint in pitcher. Cool tea to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate tea with mint for 4 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, add cider and lime juice to chilled tea. Pour tea into 4 tall, narrow glasses. Garnish each glass with mint spring and lime wedge.