Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
Let the kids help make these colorful kabobs.
PREP TIME :
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 red or green bell peppers, seeded
- 2 medium red onions
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium ears sweet corn
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ C balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp thyme
- Rinse all the vegetables. Cut zucchini, squash, and bell peppers into 2-inch chunks. Cut red onions into wedges. Combine the cut vegetables with the tomatoes and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Cut the corn into 1-inch pieces and cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked corn to the other vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and thyme for the sauce.
- Toss vegetables in the sauce and thread vegetables onto 8 skewers. (If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.)
- Before starting the grill, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on the grill over medium heat. Baste occasionally with extra sauce.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until tender.
Note: You can cook the vegetables in foil instead of using skewers. Divide the vegetables in half and wrap them in foil. Grill for about 30 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 73, Total fat 1 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 107 mg, Total fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 4 g, Potassium 515 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.