Grilled Romaine Lettuce With Caesar Dressing
Try this new approach to salad—grill it!
PREP TIME :
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed and halved lengthwise
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp light Caesar dressing
- 4 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- Preheat grill pan on high temperature.
- Cube the bread. Spread in a single layer on a foil-covered tray for a toaster oven or conventional oven. Toast to a medium-brown color and crunchy texture. Remove. Allow to cool.
- Brush the cut side of each half of romaine lettuce with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place cut side down on a grill pan on the stovetop. Cook just until grill marks appear and romaine is heated through, about 2–5 minutes.
- Place each romaine half on a large salad plate. Top each with one-fourth of the bread cubes. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of light Caesar dressing. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese. Garnish with eight tomato halves around each plate.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 162, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Sodium 241 mg, Total fiber 8 g, Protein 8 g, Carbohydrates 17 g, Potassium 931 mg.