Italian Vegetable Bake
This better-for-you baked veggie casserole is sure to become a new favorite.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 1 can (28 oz) no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- ½ lb fresh green beans, sliced
- ½ lb fresh okra, cut into ½-inch pieces (or ¾ C frozen okra)
- ¾ C finely chopped green pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves (or ½ tsp dried oregano)
- 3 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, pared and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Drain and coarsely chop the tomatoes. Save liquid.
- In a casserole dish, mix together tomatoes and reserved liquid, onion, green beans, okra, green pepper, lemon juice, and herbs. Cover and bake at 325 °F for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the zucchini and eggplant, and continue baking, covered, for 60 to 70 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 36, Total fat 1 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 86 mg.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.