Limas and Spinach
Not your mother’s lima beans, this dish is full of flavor as well as fiber.
PREP TIME :
- 2 C frozen lima beans
- ½ C onion, chopped
- 1 C fennel bulb, rinsed and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ C low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp distilled vinegar
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- In a saucepan, steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In sauté pan, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add beans and chicken broth to sauté pan, and cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 93, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 84 mg, Total fiber 6 g, Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 15 g, Potassium 452 mg.