Made-over Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites
This recipe combines fiber-rich whole rolled oats, creamy nut butter and heart healthy omega-3 fatty acid rich flaxseeds. A delicious hybrid between a cookie and a bar, these bites will satisfy your sweet tooth and your mid-afternoon hunger.
PREP TIME :
- 2 cups Gluten free certified old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients (vanilla extract through maple syrup).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop the dough into 24 even mounds on a parchment paper/silicon mat-lined or greased baking sheet or pour into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
- Lightly press down to flatten (cookies will not flatten much during cooking).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the cookies are just set in the center.
Nutrition (per serving):
157 calories, 8 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein 3 g dietary fiber, 115 mg sodium.