Breakfast Energy Drink
Getting more fruit and vegetable servings is one important thing you can do today. And it just got easier. This nutritious breakfast smoothie combines leafy super greens, kale and spinach, with seasonal fruits, nuts and seeds for a cancer-fighting kick-start to your morning
PREP TIME :
- 2 medium kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup spinach leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- 1/3 cup plain canned pumpkin*
- 3 Tbsp. seeds or nuts
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1¼ cups soy or dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 ice cubes (1 cup)
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Let sit for 1 minute to thicken before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
231 calories, 12 g total fat (1 g saturated fat),
24 g carbohydrate, 13 g protein, 8 g dietary fiber, 111 mg sodium.