Power Mocha Smoothie
Coffee contains a variety of phytochemicals, many of which have antioxidant properties. There is plenty of research on coffee and cancer risk with over 1,000 studies on the topic.
PREP TIME :
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup brewed Purity Coffee, chilled
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (e.g.: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter)
- 1 tsp. fresh turmeric root, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Drink immediately.
One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract can be used in place of the whole vanilla bean. The fresh turmeric root can be replaced with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered turmeric.
Nutrition (per serving):
340 calories, 17 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 g carbohydrate, 13 g protein, 7 g fiber, 80 mg sodium.