Maple Dijon Roasted Rutabaga
If you’re thinking of changing up your diet this year, remember that small changes are the most sustainable. Eating a variety of vegetables provides your body with the right balance of nutrients and encourages you to get creative with cooking.
PREP TIME :
- 2 lbs rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or dried)
- Dash of red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toss rutabaga in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Transfer rutabaga to large bowl and sprinkle lightly with vinegar, tossing to coat; allow it to absorb for about one minute.
- Wisk together maple syrup, Dijon mustard, rosemary, and red chili flakes in a small bowl.
- Drizzle Dijon mixture over rutabaga and toss.
- Add additional black pepper, if needed.
Nutrition (per serving):
120 calories, 4 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g protein, 4 g fiber, 115 mg sodium.