Baked Apple Chips
Looking for some Super Bowl baking inspiration or just a delicious, healthy snack? Homemade apple chips are a great way to feed a crowd and are packed with plentiful nutrition.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 5 MINS
- 4 large apples (any variety)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Slice apples horizontally into very thin rounds, using a sharp knife or mandolin (remove any seeds that do not fall out as you cut).
- Lay the slices in a single layer on parchment paper, and sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon sugar (combined).
- Bake at 250°F for 1 hour, flip slices, and bake for an additional hour (2 hours total).
- Chips will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- *Tip: Don’t peel your apples! The peel contains a third or more of its cancer-fighting phytochemical compounds.
Nutrition (per serving):
60 calories, 0 g total fat, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 3g dietary fiber, 0 mg sodium.