Oatmeal with Fresh Fruit
Start your morning off right with this fresh fruit oatmeal. Rolled oats, like all whole grains, contain vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and fiber.
PREP TIME :
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk, or other plant-based or dairy milk, divided
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 tsp. honey, optional
- In small pan, cook oatmeal with 1 cup milk according to package directions.
- Place oatmeal in serving bowl. Pour 1/4 cup milk over oatmeal (heat milk if preferred). Sprinkle on flax-seed and cinnamon.
- Top with pineapple, strawberries, walnuts and honey, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving):
371 calories, 17 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat),
46 g carbohydrate, 11 g protein, 9 g dietary fiber, 229 mg sodium.