Parmesan Green Beans
A side dish so tasty, children won’t even know it’s good for them.
PREP TIME :
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove) (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (about ½ C)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen green beans
- 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook until garlic is soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add onion, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add green beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the beans are heated through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper, and serve.
Tip: Try it on the side of the Turkey and Beef Meatballs With Whole-Wheat
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 95, Total fat 5 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 117 mg, Total fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 9 g, Potassium 293 mg, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.