Pesto Baked Polenta
Instant whole-grain cornmeal (polenta), available in most grocery stores, provides
a unique twist on a traditional Native American dish—and it’s quick to fix
PREP TIME :
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 C fine yellow (instant) whole-grain cornmeal (polenta)
- ⅔ C shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ C pesto sauce
- Fill a 4-quart saucepan with 3 cups water; add salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- When water boils, reduce heat to medium. Using a whisk or rubber spatula, quickly stir in cornmeal (polenta), cheese, and pesto sauce. Continue stirring until well blended and thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Pour the cornmeal mixture into an 8-inch pie pan or oven-safe dish. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Let stand until firm, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Bake polenta until heated through, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cut into eight wedges. Serve hot.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 162, Total fat 7 g, Saturated fat 2 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Sodium 302 mg, Total fiber 0 g, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 20 g, Potassium 49 mg