Parmesan Rice and Pasta Pilaf
This unique pasta and pilaf combination is a tasty side dish that goes well with
most main dishes
PREP TIME :
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ C thin spaghetti (vermicelli), finely broken, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1 C long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1¼ C chicken broth, hot
- 1¼ C water, hot
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil. Sauté vermicelli and onion until golden brown (for about 2–4 minutes) over medium-high heat. Drain off oil.
- Add rice, chicken broth, water, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes. Fluff with fork. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 208, Total fat 6 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, Carbohydrates 33 g, Potassium 90 mg