Orange Couscous With Almonds Raisins and Mint
This flavorful side dish goes well with chicken, beef, or lamb
PREP TIME :
- 1¼ C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 C whole-wheat couscous
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 medium orange, rinsed, for 1 Tbsp zest (use a grater to take a thin layer of skin off the orange)
- Combine chicken broth and raisins in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add couscous, and return to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Let the saucepan stand for about 5 minutes, until the couscous has absorbed all of the broth.
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in the toaster oven on a foil-lined tray for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the lid and fluff the couscous with a fork. Gently mix in the mint, almonds, and orange zest. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 141, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 24 mg, Total fiber 4 g, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 28 g, Potassium 118 mg, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.