Roasted Butternut Squash with Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms and Fresh Sage
Roasted and then sautéed with shiitake mushrooms, this unexpected combination is flavorful and full of cancer-fighting carotenoids. Fresh sage brings out the sweetness in the squash
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 5 MINS
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash, 1/2-inch (1 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. package fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium size bowl, toss squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange butternut squash on baking pan. Roast until fork tender, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and pinch of salt and sauté 4 minutes. Add sage leaves and continue sautéing 2 minutes. Mix in squash. Continue to sauté another minute. Season to taste with pepper and serve warm garnished with cheese.
Nutrition (per serving):
121 calories, 7 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g protein, 2.5 g dietary fiber, 25 mg sodium.