Savory Potato Salad
Here’s a potato salad that’s both traditional and new—with great taste and a low- fat twist.
PREP TIME :
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lb)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ C red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ¼ C green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 6 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place in saucepan of cold water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes, and toss.
- In a small bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 98, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Sodium 212 mg, Total fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 18 g, Potassium 291 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.