These healthy greens get their rich flavor from smoked turkey, instead of fatback.
PREP TIME :
- 3 C water
- ¼ lb smoked turkey breast, skinless
- 1 Tbsp fresh hot pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ C chopped onion
- 2 lb greens (mustard, turnip, collard, kale, or mixture)
- Place all ingredients except greens into a large saucepan, and bring to boil.
- Prepare greens by washing thoroughly and removing stems. Tear or slice leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Add greens to turkey stock. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 80, Total fat 2 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 16 mg, Sodium 378 mg, Total fiber 4 g, Protein 9 g, Carbohydrates 9 g, Potassium 472 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.