You will love this zesty okra dish.
PREP TIME :
- 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen, cut okra
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14½ oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper (or habanero chile pepper), pierced 3 times with a fork
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Rinse okra in a colander under hot water.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (including juice) and jalapeno pepper, and bring to a boil. Stir the mixture for 8 minutes.
- Add okra and cook, gently stirring, until okra is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and black pepper, and discard the jalapeno pepper before serving.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 99, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 133 mg, Total fiber 5 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 15 g, Potassium 563 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.