Spicy Southern Barbecued Chicken
Let yourself fall under the spell of this Southern style, sweet barbecue sauce.
PREP TIME :
1 HOUR 5 MINS
- 5 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Place it on a large platter, and brush with half the sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Remove from oven and brush chicken pieces with remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories 176, Total fat 4 g, Saturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 81 mg, Sodium 199 mg, Total fiber 1 g, Protein 27 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Potassium 392 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.